Why build your own Charles 803? Because you can!
...Because you can!
- This simple answer contain the philosophy behind the very idea of
producing your own fuel, it is a direct quote from the late Robert Warren and it is the very first statement of his Website's home page.
- In these days of fast foods ad instant everything, the idea of building
something from scratch may be a little scary for the many of you who have been educated to the new virtual society that we
all live in.
- Howeve most of you, who visit these pages are already attracted
to the concept of self sufficiency, and are seriously considering getting down to the business of building your own system,
starting with the making of your very own Charles 803.
- There are many sources, on the web, advertising and selling the plans for the
Charles 803, either using the name, or claiming they have a different device while it is a mere copy of the
- This site supports Nanda Warren as the sole recognised supplier for the plans and the isntruction manual that come with the purchase of the plans.
- No matter what is claimed at other sources, the plans are the only original plans
and any revisions or so claimed improvements, are but dust thrown at your eyes, to try and make a sale.
- These PIRATES should be avoided unless you are willing to pay for a lot of frills
and sometimes without any follow up services.
- There are ways to improve on the original 1980 drawings that you will recieve, but
they are covered for free at this website, and a lot more will be posted as it becomes available.
- The manual that you recieve, is complete and well written in the Late Robert Warrens
way of writing.
- Robert was not an engineer and never claimed to ever have been, and the manual reflects
that in the way it has been written.
- So, before you undertake any buying of materials, or the actual construction of your
masterpiece, take the time to read your manual from start to finish, and review the spots that may worry you.
- Come to NANDA'S FORUM and post your questions, someone will reply with either a proven working answer, or a novel approach that may not have been
tried and built, but which will help you in the completion of your construction project.
- It may look like ''a major plumbing contract'', however when taken one step at
a time, it is rather easy to accomplish.
- Keep at mind that hundreds of Charles 803 Stills have been built over the years and
even before the days of internet.
- ( And...Yes, there were days before the internet ! )